I discovered an amazing recipe I learnt from living in a Hostel in Brisbane on how to make a super easy veggie burger with staple ingredients. Affordable, healthy, and simple to create. See below to learn how to make this Lentil and Carrot Veggie Burger!
> 1 cup lentils
> 2-3 carrots
> 1 onion
> 1 cup rolled oats
> 1 egg
> whole self-rising flour
> 1 green jalapeno
> bean sprouts
> 1 avocado
> handful of baby spinach
> buns or bread of choice
> truffle cheese (optional to your preferences)
1) Boil lentils in a pot for 15-20 minutes until they soak up. (similar to cooking rice).
2) Grate 2-3 carrots as fine as possible into a sophisticated bowl. Dice your onion and add it to your carrots.
Sprinkle with salt, thyme, and pepper *let it rain*
3) Add 1 egg and stir mixture like a Wild Madman.
4) Chill for a bit, then add the boiled lentils to the mixture and 1 cup of rolled oats. Stir.
5) Add your flour, start off with 1/2 a cup, but keep adding until you get the mixture to a consistency that allows you to roll into a ball in your hands without breaking apart.
6) Heat a frying pan and pour a bit of olive oil to grease. Using two spoons or your hands to roll your lentil carrot mixture into balls and then pressed into a patty, place each patty onto the pan and fry for about 6 minutes on each side or until the patty is a beautiful golden colour.
7) Once your patties are finished and transfer onto a plate. Assemble your burger with your toasted buns, topped with avocado, jalapeno slices, tomato, bean sprouts, cheese and served with a side of fried pumpkin, potent mashed potato, and olives!